The ED Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The ED Paramedic performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
1) Demonstrates proficiency in setting up procedures as delegated.
2) Completely operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12 lead EKGs, biomarkers and glucometer readings under the direction of the RN.
3) Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered and inserts saline lock, foley catheter and nasal gastric tubes under the direction of the RN.
4) Assist in patient care, obtains and documents vital signs, provides patient hygiene, maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, families and the healthcare team4
5) Transports patients to radiology and nursing units utilizing appropriate transport and monitoring equipment.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.