Epic Care is seeking an experienced Operations Manager of Ancillary Services to report directly to the Director of Operations and the Medical Directors for Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
JOB DUITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Works closely with the other clinical Service Line Managers to ensure seamless operations and sharing of joint resources.
• Effectively manages the Radiation Oncology and Imaging Department across all locations to provide the highest level of service and availability for Epic Care, as well as externally referred patients.
• Works closely with Centralized Services and Revenue Cycle Departments to ensure appropriate levels of authorizations and coding/collections.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and operational enforcement of all departmental SOPs, Job Descriptions, and Policies/Procedures.
• Responsible for safety and staff education on safety, and works with HR to ensure all staff has access to safety training to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
• Works directly with the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure that all processes, procedures and record keeping is maintained to ensure compliance and safe handling of materials used in Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• Works with Information Technology to ensure that the highest level of technology is applied to the handling and storage of digital data and final reports, including PACS and other technology in place to deliver images and retrieve/store results as needed by the ordering physicians.
• Continually looks for new ways to integrate technology to improve quality, reduce costs and remain compliant.
• In collaboration with Medical Director, runs/moderates all Departmental meetings and provides status reports to the Director of Operations.
• Works in conjunction with the Service Line Director for Radiation Oncology to ensure the Radiation Oncology workflow and operational needs for simulation are provided.
• Establishes, tracks and makes decisions based on KPIs for Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• As managed by the Director of Operations and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), participates in supporting the strategic direction of the Radiation Oncology and Imaging departments. This includes participating in decisions related to the acquisition of new hardware, software, maintenance contracts and relevant upgrades providing recommendations to the executive management.
• Works with relevant Epic Care systems and HR to manage the salaries and metrics for all staff in the Radiation Oncology and Imaging Departments; and uses the Deliverables systems to produce periodic reporting on staffing to be reviewed monthly the Director of Operations.
• Responsible for recruitment/retention of Radiation Oncology and Imaging staff (i.e., candidate screening/selection, travel/interview logistics, inclusion of appropriate staff and physicians in the interview process, and contacting professional references).
• Works with the Site Managers, Medical Directors of Radiation Oncology and Imaging Service Lines, and the Director of Operations to prepare the operating budget for each Department’s operational budget. Uses departmental financial information to monitor and explain variances from established budgetary parameters, and uses the Deliverables system, monitors and regulates volumes to personnel and machine availability to ensure the most cost effective levels of quality service for patients and providers.
• Maintains Compliance with all Applicable Regulations and Certifications; ensures that all departmental recordkeeping is in compliance with all regulatory and governmental requirements.
• As necessary, works directly with Radiation Oncology and Imaging patients and families to discuss problems and initiate positive actions toward resolutions.
• Responsible for developing and updating onboarding program for new hires.
• Responsible for all process improvement activities within Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• B.S. or B.A. Required; masters preferred
• 5 years supervisory/management experience and demonstrated leadership ability
• Familiarity with Radiation Oncology and Imaging (PET/CT and MRI) operations; Radiation Therapist, Physicist, Dosimetrist or Imaging Technician preferred
• Familiarity with Office Automation tools for Data Collection and Reporting
• Familiarity with Lean process improvement tools;
• Demonstrated evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidates will have experience in Radiation Oncology and Imaging ,strategic growth plans, operations, financial and business activities.The Service Line Operations Manager for Radiation Oncology and Imaging will direct the Director of Medical Physics, Chief Radiation Therapist and Lead Imaging Technician to ensure compliance, quality, safety, and standardization by creating and enforcing standard operating procedures aimed at best practice implementation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: :
Blue Shield and Kaiser Medical Plans
Matching 401K retirement plan
Paid Time Off
Internal Number: 100
About Epic Care
Founded in the 1990s, Epic Care started as a group of board-certified hematologists and oncologists based in Northern California’s East Bay area. Since, it has grown into a large multi-specialty group, that includes surgery, endocrinology, infectious disease, internal medicine and primary care. We are dedicated to providing the newest breakthroughs and scientific innovations in healthcare, as well as delivering compassionate, supportive care. We strive to be more than just your specialist, but instead, to be your partner in health.