Reports to the Executive Director of Oncology Services. Has constant working contact with hospital staff, medical staff, managers, directors, administrative staff, patients, their families/friends, and the general public.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Serve as resource person for physicians, oncologists, technical staff, and ancillary staff.
- Monitor performance of all technical, nursing and ancillary personnel and take appropriate actions including performance appraisals, salary reviews, promotions, transfers, and dismissals in collaboration with the Executive Director of Oncology Services.
- Supervise and coordinate all facets of patient care including but not limited to the following: scheduling, patient charges, chart checks, supervising work, trouble shooting equipment, initiating equipment and building repairs as necessary, ordering supplies, supervising all aspects of quality assurance.
- Responsible for employee work schedules, time cards, problem solving, approving vacations, and recording sick/personal/tardiness incidence.
- Coordinates work activities of the physicians, nurses, physicists, dosimetrist, therapists, and other staff to expedite delivery of patient care. Recommend work assignments, serve as resource person, and monitor activities.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies in the department.
- Maintain logs and data on pertinent department records.
- Liaison between medical staff, therapists, and support staff.
- Participate in and develop business plan for equipment purchase decisions along with medical and technical staff.
- Responsible for all hiring decisions within the department.
- Evaluates effectiveness and capabilities of employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.