Responsibilities include managing daily affairs including direct supervision of all radiation oncology staff, developing department budget including future strategic plans, tracking and renewal of equipment service maintenance, and software contracts, reviewing charging issues, inventory control, implementing department wide memorandum, and inter and intra departmental issues concerning radiation oncology. Solving issues with patients, physicians, simulation, physics, dosimetry, nursing, and business office staff. Conducting weekly team huddles, staff meetings, attending weekly chart rounds and attending monthly manager’s meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and revises policies and procedures annually to provide direction of the department according to the standards specified by ACR Radiation Oncology Standards and Guidelines and in order to maintain ACR accreditation.
2. Reviews patient scheduling daily/weekly to identify and remove patient access barriers.
3. Coordinates with Physicists to schedule In-service Radiation Safety continued education
for staff and housekeeping.
4. Orients employees as to the Department’s and facility’s emergency procedures to insure safety and emergency procedures are followed by staff including new personnel.
5. Responsible for the achievement of established key metrics
6. Maintains daily liaison with nursing staff, chief therapist, dosimetrists, physicists, and radiation oncologist regarding schedules and other technical matters for insuring optimal work flow to provide the highest quality and the best patient experience.
7. Provide education and training for nursing staff and financial counselors to effectively deal with patient/significant other-related issues while maintaining their sense of worth/dignity.
Five years plus management experience in Radiation Oncology
EMR: Atena (preferred); ARIA/Varian software and equipment, Microsoft Excel
Bachelor’s degree in management, business or health administration preferred
Internal Number: 55
About Harbin Clinic
We are 1,300 professionals, each one All In to care completely for the people of Northwest Georgia. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a mostly Monday to Friday schedule, and a generous uniform allowance, along with the unique opportunity to learn and grow across more than 40 different medical specialties and services. Harbin Clinic seeks talented, invested individuals to become part of our healthcare team. Join us as we work to see our communities flourish!