In this fast-paced and challenging role as Media Technical Specialist for Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you will provide technical direction, and support for a wide range of locations under the thermal camera/screening model. This Media Specialist will be working with an in-house visual media group, that has experience and can responsibly operate, maintain and manage a wide variety of imaging equipment and products, with a strong emphasis on clinical thermal imaging.
Experience operating various camera equipment to include:
Use of video and still cameras, and appropriate lighting equipment
Building portable and fixed camera rigs
Troubleshoot any technical issues related to cameras and accessories
Produce still and video images
Use Infrared, Image Intensified, and thermal imagery equipment
Must be proficient with MAC OS, and Windows operating systems
Catalogue, describe, store and retrieve imagery
Perform color management on imagery systems
Test and evaluate new imaging equipment
Basic electricity and electronics knowledge
Must be proficient with computer hardware
Basic understanding of photography and videography fundamentals, such as: Image framing, White Balance, Color Temperature, studio lighting, etc. lighting challenges in various settings.
Knowledge of Non-Linear video editing systems with a primary focus on Adobe Premier.
Knowledge of CCTV, dynamic range, exposure, resolution, zoom features, and scene modes.
Ability to solve complex camera issues, to include lighting, and audio.
Ability to solve/ troubleshoot Windows, and IOS operating systems.
Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
Must have excellent communication skills.
* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
* Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
* Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
* Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
* Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
* Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
* Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
* Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
* Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
* Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
* Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
* Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
* Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
* Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
* Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Position Shift : Days
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.