The Clinical Translational Research Coordinator, with guidance and training, is responsible for coordinating the approval processes and conduct of research protocols, such that the integrity and quality of the clinical/translational research is maintained and the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure and research protocols. Manages screening, implements recruitment procedures, consenting, enrollment, randomization and study conduct from planning through study closeout. Performs or implements processes to assure study-related procedures are performed as required and objectives and timelines are met. Maintains accurate and timely documentation and communication with Investigators, participants, IRB, sponsors and other research related entities.
* Represent our research group on calls with other study sites, and provide a detailed summary to team members afterwards. * Ensuring changes to study protocol and/or forms are implemented. This involves working with the regulatory director to submit study materials to the IRB, working with the database manager to ensure the study databases are updated if needed, and working with the clinical research team to ensure that both the updated study protocol and/or forms are being implemented. Also works with education director to ensure that clinical team members are properly educated on changes made. * Use REDCap to create and run reports that identify participants who have incomplete study activities. Assigns staff members participants to contact based off of these reports. Regularly checks in with staff members regarding their progress on these contacts * Use REDCap to create and run reports to track study completion. * Takes study completion milestones and divides them into smaller goals for the clinical team to work towards to keep study completion on track. Provides regular feedback to the clinical team and investigators on how the study is progressing in relation to our milestones. * Work with database manager to resolve data entry errors.
* Show professionalism in interfacing with center members and collaborators * Must have outstanding organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task * Must be able to effectively work in a team environment * Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and databases
Department Summary: The Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care is directed by Dr. Timothy Blackwell and its mission is to:
deliver world-class clinical care to patients with allergic diseases, pulmonary conditions, and critical illness through employing a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach with a wide range of clinical programs.
lead in the development of cutting-edge, patient-focused research that extends from basic discoveries to clinical implementation.
provide state-of-the-art education and training including a strong fellowship program to inspire and nurture the next generation of leaders in allergy and immunology, pulmonary medicine, and critical care.
Dr. Hartert's Lab is seeking to identify causal risk factors for asthma, understand their mechanism of action, and develop and test primary and secondary prevention strategies for asthma and allergic diseases
Work hours: Monday - Friday, daytime business hours
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.