Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the VP of Operations, and in accordance with guidelines established by the Chairman of Imaging Services, assumes immediate responsibility for the daily technical operation of the Radiology Department's Computerized Tomography Section. Supervises technologists in the performance of computerized tomography imaging procedures which assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders and diseases. Participates in department management through collaboration on the development of internal policies and procedures, budgets, goals, and plans. Assists with complex or sensitive patient cases of all ages. Regularly performs CT technology duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the development of short and long term goals and plans for the Radiology Department. This includes the development of personnel and budgets for the Computerized Tomography Section and the administrating of various phases of the operational budget. Develops, evaluates, and recommends methods and/or programs to enhance departmental and sectional revenues without sacrificing quality patient care. Remains abreast of developments in the field of computerized tomography by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, attending seminars and continuing education programs, reviewing literature, etc.
2. Participates in the development of departmental and sectional policy, and recommends and administers the procedures necessary to implement agreed-upon policy. Communicates and enforces sectional, departmental and hospital wide policies and procedures; monitors work activities to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed. Works with nursing services, Radiologists, and other departments to establish and maintain good working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate sectional services into the Hospital's overall patient care delivery system. Provides the direct supervision necessary to ensure the effective delivery of computerized tomography services.
3. Receives and investigates suggestions and/or complaints concerning the department and its personnel. Makes corrections when necessary and prepares documentation when needed. Refers difficult and unusual or sensitive situations to superior. Also interviews and recommends the hiring of subordinates. Orients, trains, and develops them, evaluates their performance, and recommends their discipline and discharge.
4. Assumes responsibility for the operational efficiency of the section's equipment. Performs routine maintenance, adjustments, and repairs or directs that these be accomplished. Maintains appropriate documentation of these repairs. Participates in the evaluation of products and equipment and makes recommendations for the purchase of them. Maintains inventory of sectional supplies and keeps appropriate and organized documentation of important materials.
5. Monitors adherence to radiation safety regulations; ensures that all personnel participate in the film badge program and wear protective coverings and that patients are adequately covered and protected from excessive exposure to radiation. Verifies that routine maintenance and calibration is done by Radiation Physicist. Ensures that hazardous wastes are disposed of properly and maintains related records. Regularly performs staff CT technology duties.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in radiologic technology and two to three years of progressively more responsible experience in various computerized technology capacities.
2. Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Licensure to operate radiology equipment in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Limited exposure to radiation.
3. Graduate of accredited Radiology Technical program required
4. Associates Degree or Bachelorâ��s Degree preferred
5. 2 years of experience required
6. BLS from the American Heart Association required
7. ARRT certificate required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the position.
Job: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.