YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage Career growth and advancement potential Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando • We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage • Career growth and advancement potential • Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America • AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country • We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute: Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
• Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room
• Completes required documentation for Radiologist support
• Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist's standards, in a safe, timely manner
• Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones, completing patient record, filing and scheduling
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate's degree or equivalent two years of experience in a related field
Graduate of accredited Radiologic Science program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification license in Radiography
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.