All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Oncology Safety Manager is a passionate leader of safe, reliable, patient-centered care and achieving excellence through integrated clinical, operational, and financial performance per the AdventHealth core value of Excellence. The manager works in collaboration with the Program Director – Imaging Safety and the Radiation Oncology & Infusion clinical and operations teams to ensure patient safety. Facilitates performance improvement activities which focus on patient safety and high reliable care. The manager supports all Patient Safety Organization (PSO) activities, coordinates the planning and execution of campus/service lines action plans, and collaborates with campus department heads to improve the integrity of their department’s safety and high reliability programs. The manager collaborates to ensure safety culture and process are embedded in onboarding and ongoing education for the Oncology Service Line. This individual shall adhere to all AdventHealth policies/ procedures and rules / regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• System liaison for functions related to accreditation and other regulatory agencies, i.e. audits, QAPI, survey management, reported complaints.
• Responsible to collaborate with the audit team on campus performance for survey readiness
• Supports Imaging RCA investigations, audit/observation tracking, and education for staff
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
• Demonstrates stewardship of organizational resources and mentors team members on financial implications of patient care decisions.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
• Integrates the strategies of reliable processes and continuous learning with structure to make safety the accepted way of doing business.
• Under the general direction of the Program Director – Imaging Safety, develop and implement the patient safety strategy with specific focus on quality and safety best practices in the industry.
• Acts as an advocate for patient safety events in the community
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
• Implements systematic approach to create and maintain reliable processes and continuous learning.
• Establishes and cultivates a culture where teamwork thrives based on communication and just culture approach to mistakes.
• Guides consistent improvement within the organization by reducing errors and enhancing patient safety, measures clear outcomes and associated metrics, visible internally to people doing the work and externally to public.
• Provides feedback, instructions, and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
• Creates an environment in which others are setting expectations and holding each other accountable; professional and personal growth is an expectation.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of experience AND 2 years of leadership experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• License/degree in one of the following:
o Active Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Radiation Therapist
o Medical Dosimetrist
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in safety, quality, and/or healthcare related field.
• Two (2) years’ experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care setting.
• Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Certification in Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.