Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
20 hours per week
7a-530p Mon and Tues Sat rotation
This position is two-fold: This position is responsible for imaging management digitizing and importing Radiology exams and orders into the Picture Archiving Communications System (PACs). This position is computer based and requires the use of multiple systems for the processing, interpretation and sharing of imaging, essential for the patient plan of care. In addition, this team is responsible for Radiology Front Desk, Check-in for scheduled appointments.
- Uploading and burning CDs/DVDs for intra and inter departmental use.
- Digitizing paperwork and imaging into the Picture Archiving Communications System, (PACS) database.
- Provides support to physicians, technologists, and other support staff during periods of computer system downtime and upgrades.
- Performs clerical duties and work flow processes in PACS, Exam Manager, OneView, Powerscribe, EPIC, Matrix Ray and additional hospital computer systems associated with this position.
- Knows on-call procedure and is able to initiate call-in process for emergent procedures.
- Ability to communicate STAT results to providers and patients, while maintaining HIPPA compliance and demonstrating sensitivity to the patients and families.
- Greeting and registering outpatients for their appointments, gathering accurate demographic and financial information.
- Knowledgeable of x-ray order entry and scheduling of walk-in patients.
- Other duties as required.
- Computer experience, and the ability to multitask, prioritize and pay attention to detail is a must.
- Analytic skills with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- This position requires excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience
- This position requires computer work, telephone work, customer interface, the ability to work independently and use sound judgement
- Minimum of 1 year experience in patient registration, scheduling, office, or a customer service role, using computers, required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) a plus.
- CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) or related medical certification a plus.
- *prior experience with the above listed software not required computer experience is a must.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: