Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian, Boise and Nampa is seeking a Clinical Dietitian to join our Clinical Dietitian team.
St. Luke's Health System is Idaho's largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke's has been awarded as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country by Merative for nine consecutive years. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke's enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
- Conducts nutrition care in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process while maintaining time guidelines according to hospital policy.
- Identifies patient nutrition status and nutritional needs using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and monitoring/evaluation.
- Provides patient and staff education on Nutrition Care in an evidence-based manner using approved education materials.
- Conduct nutrition focused physical examinations, diagnoses malnutrition, independently order nutrition-related feedings, diets, and medications within scope of practice, as defined by Medical Staff Services. Make referrals to others within and outside SLHS as necessary.
- May lead and mentor others acting as first point of escalation. May participate in interview, training and onboarding process as needed. Participate in performance improvement initiatives as needed.
- May assist Clinical Nutrition Manager with department operations and performance improvement initiatives.
- Handles moderately complex issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Obtains and maintains credentials, privileges, and competency for all applicable clinical areas, as administered by Medical Staff Services.
- Actively participates in department-level care councils.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Registered or Licensed Dietitian in state of practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Julie Leguineche at firstname.lastname@example.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.