Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Rad Onc Lebanon
The radiation therapist is an integral part of the radiation oncology treatment team. This person is responsible for the accurate delivery of therapeutic radiation treatments to patients and simulations for patient treatments under the direction of a radiation oncologist. The therapist must have a thorough understanding of the rationale for radiation therapy as well as skills in patient assessment and interpersonal communication. The Radiation Therapist role has a $3,000 sign on bonus available to external candidates who have not worked for VUMC for at least one year.
* Administers daily radiation therapy treatments to patients assigned to the treatment unit, accurately and efficiently, at a speed consistent with patient scheduling for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
* Maintains records of daily treatment and other records as required.
* Participates in orientation and training of all new radiation therapists to include treatment unit-specific procedures and protocols, on call-procedures, simulation procedures and protocols and provides feedback in a timely manner to clinic director.
* Performs computed tomography (CT) simulation procedures and clinical simulations according to established department protocols.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Patient Documentation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Training (Novice): Has presented course modules as part of a program. Effectively prepared by demonstrating knowledge in course content, structure and objectives, as well as audience characteristics. Demonstrated audience sensitivity and awareness. Responded professionally to content questions.
* Computerized Tomography Technology (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate computerized tomography technology in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Radiation Therapy (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to administers daily radiation therapy treatments to patients assigned to the treatment unit, accurately and efficiently, at a speed consistent with patient scheduling for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Radiography - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (Required)
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.